Marin and North Bay Yoga Studios, Restaurants and Mind-Body Experts Helping with Coronavirus
It’s never been more important to support our local businesses. We are creating a list of yoga studios, gyms, health clubs, therapists, restaurants and mental/physical health services that are coming up with creative online classes and sessions for the Marin and North Bay communities. Check out Save our Favs for an easy way to buy gift cards to local restaurants.
This list is being updated in real-time. Leave comments with what we are missing or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Marin Power Yoga in San Anselmo is posting a schedule nightly for what they are streaming the next day; they have a free 14 Day Journey you can start or join the livestream on https://twitch.tv/marinpoweryoga.
- Metta Yoga in San Rafael and Corte Madera is streaming classes daily all week.
- Fit4mom Marin is dong daily classes online.
- SunLight Yoga: Stacie Dooreck is a local instructor who has online yoga and meditation classes, and can teach remote/online classes or self-paced courses for all ages and abilities (including chair yoga for seniors). She works with Bay Area companies, Oakland Raiders staff and at Marin Cardiology.
- Sukha Yoga in Novato is doing virtual classes.
- Nikki Estrada Yoga: Nikki is a local yoga teacher with an online yoga platform with all levels classes, meditations, guided breathing & more. Use code NikkiGift for a free month.
Therapists, Psychologists & Mind-Body
- Petaluma CBT. Kaitlin Elizabeth Soule is a therapist in Petaluma and offers remote video sessions. Her specialty area is anxiety, and she’s offering discounted sessions this Friday. Schedule on her website. She also has free resources on anxiety (podcast, blog).
- Sa Ráh is a family nurse practitioner and who teaches mind body medicine. She’s offering 20 minute therapeutic listening sessions by phone or zoom on a sliding scale of $20, $40 or $60 based on ability to pay. Her site has a full list of offerings (this special offer is not on the site yet).
- Local clinical psychologist Dominque Samuels put together an excellent list of ideas and recommendations for maintaining your mental health and sanity.
- Marin Mindful Body. Kathrina Kasha Peterson is a mind-body expert using psychology, energy medicine and Feldenkrais. She has a blog with helpful suggestions for does remote online sessions on Skype.
- Rick Pomfret, PsyD, Therapy 4 Men
- Hannah Gottsegen, MFT, Depression, anxiety, relationships
- Albert Wong, PhD, Couples, trauma
- Tamara Hostetler, MFT, Anxiety, women, couples
- Monique Haan, MFTWomen, teen girls, EMDR
- Mario Sandoval, PhDCouples, LGBTQ+, PTSD, mood disorders
- Kathleen Dunbar, MFT, Mindfulness, trauma
- Beth Brown, AMFT, Chronic illness, anxiety
- Batya Ross, MFT, Adults, couples, kids
- Michelle Cilia, MFT, Post-partum, teens, anxiety
- Connor Moss, AMFT, Addiction, trauma, depression
- Sarah McLaughlin, MFT, Therapy for Women
- Mary Zimmerle, PsyD, Adults, adolescents, anxiety, depression
Shelter in Place Food Options
In addition to these take-out options, Instagram co-founder Mike Krieger and his wife Kaitlyn built an incredible site called Save our Favs to make it easy to buy gift cards to your favorite Bay Area restaurants. Please spread the word.
- Shoreline Coffee Shop in Mill Valley: pick up healthy breakfast; Breakfast Burritos, Tennessee Valley Toast, Breakfast Sandwiches and more; available for ordering through their website.
- Buckeye Roadhouse in Mill Valley is open for takeout and has curbside pickup set up. 12-7pm; 415-331-2600
- Conscious Kitchen is offering free meals for children in Marin City at Bayside MLK Academy from 10:30-12:30 Monday-Friday.
- Piazza D’Angelo is offering curbside delivery.
- Insalatas in San Anselmo; takeout is currently open. Call to order; they bring to your car.
- Gotts Marin in Greenbrae is currently open for pickup. Check their website for updates.
- Marche aux Fleurs in Ross. Offers take out and delivery. Full menu is available with limited quantities, including weeknight specials Dinner Menu; Kids Menu; Dessert MenuWine/Beer List; Tuesday through Saturday 5-7:30
- Tony Tutto Pizza in Ross. Open for takeout Wednesday – Sunday.
- Sonoma Taco in Terra Linda
- Theresa and Johnny’s in San Rafael
- Miracle Mile Cafe in San Rafael
- Magnolia Kitchen in San Rafael
- Rustic Bakery
- World Wraps in Corte Madera
- Marin Joe’s in Corte Madera
- SanAnselmoEats.com is a community website with listings from restaurants and other food/community-serving businesses who are open and ready to serve.
- Roco Dance will be sending out video links to their individual classes on class day for students to do at home. For adults, some teachers will be live streaming class on Instagram for students to follow along with. They will post a schedule of all of those classes below with teacher’s PayPal accounts if you would like to send them a donation.
Health Clubs and Gyms
- Studio30 Marin is doing classes over Zoom
Local Running, Cycling and Sports Shops
- Will update
Resources for local businesses who need to bring services online
Here are a few options; let us know what you’re using and we can update with what’s working best.
- Online Video / Virtual Classes: Zoom, Skype
- Payments: Patreon, Venmo, PayPal
- Live Streaming: Instagram, Facebook, Twitch.TV
- Prokit: We are a new community for athletes and experts based in Marin. If you’re looking for trusted content, or you haven’t created a website and need a free place to build your site and offer videos/content, we’ll do our best to help. Your community can follow you and get updates when you added new content or classes.