Turning the Clock Back 14 Years
Four simple health behaviors may cut our risk of chronic disease by nearly 80%, potentially dropping our risk of dying equivalent to that of being 14 years younger.
I discuss the role diet may play in preventing the 15 leading causes of death in my 2012 annual review video, Uprooting the Leading Causes of Death.
How does your diet compare? Calculate Your Healthy Eating Score.
I go in depth on the exercise component in my next video, Longer Life within Walking Distance.
For more on slowing the aging process, see my videos:
- Mitochondrial Theory of Aging
- How to Slow Brain Aging by Two Years
- Why Do We Age?
- Caloric Restriction vs. Animal Protein Restriction
For more on my chosen clinical specialty, lifestyle medicine, see:
- Lifestyle Medicine: Treating the Causes of Disease
- Convincing Doctors to Embrace Lifestyle Medicine
- Fully Consensual Heart Disease Treatment
If you haven’t yet, you can subscribe to my videos for free by clicking here.
Michael Greger, M.D.
PS: If you haven’t yet, you can subscribe to my free videos hereand watch my live presentations:
- 2019: Evidence-Based Weight Loss
- 2016: How Not To Die: The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing Our Top 15 Killers
- 2015: Food as Medicine: Preventing and Treating the Most Dreaded Diseases with Diet
- 2014: From Table to Able: Combating Disabling Diseases with Food
- 2013: More Than an Apple a Day
- 2012: Uprooting the Leading Causes of Death