The Chelsea & Eric Show
As an endurance athlete and former pro runner turned pro triathlete, HOKA has always been a dream sponsor for me. I’ve loved the product since the first time I put on a pair of Clifton’s. More than that, I love the ethos of the company and what it stands for: innovation, excellence, diversity, representation, and women’s empowerment. When COVID-19 hit the U.S. this year and it looked like racing would be on hold, I started thinking of ways that I could give back to my sponsors and the sport that I love. HOKA has a roster of world-class athletes with incredible stories, and I thought that a podcast might be a great way to showcase some of their accomplishments. My colleagues are incredible athletes, but also wonderful people with remarkable stories of how they ended up at the top of the podium in triathlon.
With the support of HOKA and Ironman, my co-host Eric Gilsenan and I have the wonderful opportunity to bring this podcast project to life! Eric is a long-time race announcer, ambassador, and triathlete himself and offers a wealth of knowledge and perspective that I could only dream of having after my short time in the sport.
In our first episode, Eric and I interview each other! We discuss:
- My transition from running to ITU to non-draft triathlon and how my lowest low led me to pursue long course
- How I got 4th place at the 2019 Ironman 70.3 Nice World Champs in only my 4th 70.3
- Why I still feel like a beginner in triathlon and how that can be a challenge but also an asset
- How triathlon has helped Eric navigate through addiction and find a healthier lifestyle
- Why Eric thinks that triathlon is about being nice and giving back
- Our heroes in sport (these might surprise you!)
- Why the keys to success in sport and life are a growth mindset, humility, and a willingness to learn from others around you
- What triathlon could learn from running
Have a listen and let us know what you think! We have a stellar series of interviews coming up so stay tuned over the next few weeks for more from the Chelsea & Eric show.